What Will Happen On My First Visit?
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- Your referral slip and x-rays from your referring dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking (please note that you can fill out your patient registration and medical history form on our website).
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
Please Note: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.
Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern before surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs requiring pre-medication, severe diabetes, or hypertension).
Your first visit will include the following:
- Review of your complete dental and medical history form
- Review of your dental x-rays and/or taking new digital x-rays as required
- Cancer screening
- Oral and soft tissue exam
- Occlusion and bite check
After discussing your concerns, Dr. Smith will perform a thorough exam. This exam allows us to properly diagnose your specific situation and develop your custom treatment plan. We will always share our findings with both you and your dentist.